Monday, June 13, 2011

The last Orchestra Concert for Ian's High School Career!

I don't think John and I will ever forget when Ian was in the 5th grade and asked if he could play the violin in the school's music class.  We said sure and rented a violin for him, thinking, this will probably last only the school year but at least it is a great experience. I remember as he trundled out of the car one morning when I dropped him off with violin case in tow, I asked him if people made of fun of him because of orchestra.  He said, "No mom, me and my friends are making Orchestra cool again!"  Right he was!!  Little did I know that once he got into high school, part of his "school supplies" was a tuxedo!  Well, he went through two of them! 

 Here we are, 8 years later (Needless to say we ditched the rented violin and made a big purchase of Ian's own violin!)  and at his last concert.  It was bitter sweet for us as well as him but oh the experiences and good times  he has had!  He traveled to NYC this past spring to compete in a festival and had a wonderful time seeing the sights and making memories!  His cousin, Layah and  her husband stopped by where the kids were dining to say hello! 


                                        Ian with his buddies, making Orchestra cool again!!
                                                                Good times, great memories!!

Here is tidbit of sectional duet that Ian played!
They play, Lady Gaga!

No comments: